[Wine] Re: Program believed to work in Wine, but not on my EeePC

drossall wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 3 18:21:07 CST 2009

OK, so that was the problem because I have now substituted a later DLL and it ran. Program can't currently see the books it should be reading, but I'll look into that. Thanks.

Curiosity though - if the point of Wine is to avoid dependence on proprietary MS software, does this mean that:

I need a Wine component to do the job of this DLL, or:
The software I want to run depends on something (this DLL) not yet developed for Wine?

Regards