[Wine] directx not found

paracetamolo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 5 08:24:58 CST 2009

Correctly installed Marvel Ultimate Alliance, already present in appdb as gold.
The installer complained that it could not install directx.
As specified in appDB I added d3dx9_36.dll to system32.
When I run the application it says:
"DirectX9.0c is not installed on this computer. Install it and try again."
I tried to play with libraries in winecfg but without luck.
I'm currently using wine 1.1.12 from the ubuntu Intrepid repos, but I also tried the old 1.0.1 and 1.1.9 because was reported working on appDB.
I read installing that version of directx is useless if not worse, how I tell wine that it already has dx9???
thanks