[Wine] Re: MSVBVM60.DLL

DanKegel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 5 10:02:44 CST 2009

quick answer: winetricks vb6run

The FAQ says:

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-bb6a7a98ea5016383c4f81717063463e5217c3bf

"6.4. My application says some DLL or font is missing. What do I do?

Applications should come with all the DLLs they need (except for core Windows DLLs). They sometimes forget to, and rely on you to already have the DLL or font installed. You can install the missing DLL or font in several ways:

   1. downloading them from the original creators of the runtime (eg. Microsoft). The easiest way to do this is with winetricks (see below).
   2. installing other applications which do include them
   3. copying them from a licensed version of Windows installed on the same machine

! Do not download DLLs or scripts from websites you do not know and trust! Fake or infected DLLs can cause you great pain, even on Wine. "

7.5. What is this "winetricks" thing? Where do I get it?

winetricks is a shell script that downloads missing DLLs and fonts for you from the best known source. It was written to help Wine developers, but it turned out to be useful for end users, too. See the wiki page about winetricks for more info.

http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks