[Wine] Using the WINE Program with Sun's Solaris system

mike3 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 6 04:05:52 CST 2009

Hi.

I was trying to use the WINE program on Sun's Solaris 10 UNIX operating system, x86-64 version. It seems I can't run many applications as they often give this error:

"err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"ws2_32.dll": ld.so.1: wine: fatal: libnsl.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
err:module:import_dll Loading library ws2_32.dll (which is needed by L"c:\\windows\\system32\\wsock32.dll") failed (error c000007a)."

But the "missing" file "libnsl.so.1" exists on the system. Why is it not working? Is it impossible to make it work? I heard once that this was because it is a 64-bit system. So does that mean, then, that there is no way this can be resolved, short of dumping the O/S and switching to something else?