[Wine] Firefox 3 via Wine.. WHY..??

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 11:42:52 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 10:13 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> 3vi1 wrote:
>>
>> It's been a while but, like vitamin, I used to do this so that I could
>> connect properly to work using the Citrix ICA client from my 64-bit Linux
>> system.
>>
>> I imagine it could be pretty useful for the wine devs too - to be able to
>> simply look at the source of FF and know what it's *trying* to do when
>> there's any deviation from the expected behavior.
>>

> I thought there was a 64 bit Citrix ICA client.  However, running any
> application, such as Firefox, that has a native as well as Windows version,
> for comparison of available functions is a very good test indeed.  Brilliant
> idea.
>
> James McKenzie

It's also a good test of flash, etc. I use it for downloading programs
as well, because some download sites force me to download the linux
app of something, rather than the windows version I need to test for
Wine (Chrome, I'm looking at you!).

--
-Austin