[Wine] Half-lIfe under wine boot issue

josh.haringman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 6 13:30:08 CST 2009

Hi,

I'm quite the novice to linux and wine in general so patient help would be deeply appreciated.....
Hi,

I'm quite the novice to linux and wine in general so patient help would be deeply appreciated.....

I've installed wine and then steam using the the valve downloader on my intrepid ubuntu eeepc 901 successfully. I have then purchased and installed half life through steam with out issue.

However when i go to launch it flashes up this message:

"steamMountAppFilesystem(70,0,0x7a9d97c4) failed with error 1: The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired"

please help........

thanks,
josh