[Wine] Regression test - bad rev input

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+8cd9 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 11:23:12 CST 2009

> The last few lines of output are:
>
> Code:
> ccache gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith  -g -O2  -o schannel.o schannel.c
> schannel.c:61: error: 'gnutls_mac_get_key_size' undeclared here (not in a function)
> schannel.c:61: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'pgnutls_mac_get_key_size'
> schannel.c: In function 'schan_QueryContextAttributesW':
> schannel.c:856: error: called object 'pgnutls_mac_get_key_size' is not a function
> make[2]: *** [schannel.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/colin/wine-git/dlls/secur32'
> make[1]: *** [secur32] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/colin/wine-git/dlls'
> make: *** [dlls] Error 2

Sounds like that revision of Wine had a compilation bug.

Have you compiled and tested any versions of Wine earlier than this?

If an older version compiles, this bug was a regression, and there is
a range of broken commits that you just happened to hit. If that
happened, type "git bisect skip" to mark this revision as an
untestable one. Then type "git bisect visualize" to see a list of
commits left to test, and select one far from the middle or either
extreme. In the SHA1 ID field, you'll see a hex string something like
"c8cf4211869ea3de5bbc9b06c23e8b37ce27f319". Write down the first 5 or
6 digits of the id, close the gitk window, and check out that commit
by typing "git checkout c8cf42". Then compile and test as usual.

If you can't compile any versions older than that one (or if too many
revisions are broken), you'll need to follow the instructions on this
page: http://wiki.winehq.org/ReverseRegressionTesting