[Wine] sound

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 13:09:56 CST 2009

>I used to have sound when i first installed wine, it stopped after a crash, then i noticed that it auto mutes the sound when i run any program with wine, i unmute it but still cant get no sound. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have tried pasdp but i get the following error: bash: pasdp: command not found

Here's my personal suggestion:

sudo apt-get purge pulseaudio
reboot

If that doesn't work:

asoundconf list
(is your soundcard listed? Let's say it is, and it's called MyCard.)
asoundconf set-default-card MyCard

Wine only plays with one soundcard at a time. I thought I had only one soundcard but I have three.

Susan