[Wine] java with internet explorer under wine

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 09:52:16 CST 2009

Viktor Nagy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my bank requires a java certifiate that won't run under linux (I know that
> most of the java applets are platform independent, but this one is not).
> I've managed to get java running under Firefox with wine, but it turns out
> that their java won't run properly under Firefox neither...

That certainly wouldn't make Sun happy, as it violates the whole spirit
of java.  M$ and Sun had a bit of a row over just that subject a few
years ago and M$ lost the argument in a big way :o)

When you say the java certificate "won't run", what exactly happens?
Have you tried using the java console when the problem occurs?