[Wine] The fonts are all messed up unless I crank the dpi up a lot

Jack1337 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 13 17:28:49 CST 2009

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1520/screenshot10ul7.png

It's the same on all resolutions, even on high ones, but I'm legally blind so I have to use 800x600 ~_~

Reinstalling Wine didn't help, completely removing it and reinstalling it didn't do squat, installing some msfont thing didn't do anything either.

anyway, I'm a total noob at this linux thing, the only reason i installed it was because on this old computer I don't play any games and it's more secure and resource efficient than windows i guess so I decided to use this.

I'm not the kinda person who enjoys tinkering with computers, in fact, I hate it big time despite the fact that i can find my way around winodws at least better than most average users.

So guys, if you have suggestions on how I should go about fixing this, you'll have to hold my hand through the whole process, i really hate computers lol