[Wine] Re: Missing Text in Wine 1.1.12

sharathpaps wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 13 23:22:59 CST 2009

Austin,
           You have my eternal gratitude...Believe me, its been more than a month I've been looking for a solution to this problem.

Disabling the Nvidia accelerated graphics driver & restarting the system did the trick. Wine, Opera & Filelight are all working very well. I'm just posting the solution that helped me & screenshots here so that anyone else having the same problem will find it easier.

Solution :

This is the driver that I had to disable. In Intrepid Ibex 8.10, go to, System>Administration>Hardware Drivers & disable the Nvidia accelerated graphics driver. Use the screenshot as a guide. Restart the system. You might have to reinstall wine & other programs which had this problem.

[Image: http://i41.tinypic.com/2n6ergg.png ]

and

This is Wine working perfectly fine :-)

[Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/2dph7n.png ]