[Wine] Re: Steam (HL2) locks up on 64 bit Ubuntu

TheDruidsKeeper wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 14 22:12:11 CST 2009

As I was looking for where to get the older release from I made the discovery that 1.0.1 is the current stable release... Apparently when I had followed the instructions on http://www.winehq.org/download/deb i skipped right over this part:

> Ubuntu has its own repository of software that includes Wine

and I had added the dev repository to my source list as instructed, which is why every way I tried it I was always installing the latest dev version.

Anyway, now with version 1.0.1 I was able to pull up www.winehq.org without any trouble :)
.. now on to test Steam.