[Wine] Installing drivers on Wine

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 12:24:53 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:19 PM, mascarpone <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> yes, i was searching around... I wonder why I can't install a driver, but maybe the programmers know better than me :D:D:D

That would require kernel access, wine runs in userspace.

> Are you sure there's no trick or way around?

Not that I know of, but you should try anyway. Linux may support it.
If not, file a bug with your distro. Linux driver project would also
probably be interested
(http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view) as apparently they
need work to do (http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6669895837.html).

> I'm no geek, but I think that if now I would virtualize a Windows machine i would encounter the same problem, wouldn't I?

No, that should work fine, if you allow the virtual machine usb access.

> thank you very much

No problem.

--
-Austin