[Wine] Running MetaTrader 4 in Wine

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Fri Jan 16 13:20:50 CST 2009

On 2009-01-16 (Friday) 16:30:52 Austin English wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 10:25 AM, L. Rahyen <research at science.su> wrote:
> > On 2009-01-16 (Friday) 13:23:19 mel8331 wrote:
> >> Metatrader 4 ( http://www.metaquotes.net/ ) do run in Wine but is not
> >> fully compatible ie not all function are working. I wish future Wine
> >> will enable Metatrader 4 to run properly.
> >
> >        What exactly doesn't work for you? Personally I use Wine in my
> > server where I have many instances of Metatrader running simultaneously.
> > I use a lot of functions in Metatrader and everything working great for
> > me (note that I'm using some native dlls). However, version of Wine I use
> > in my server is pretty old - obviously I can't upgrade it often because
> > of possible regressions in Wine: this isn't acceptable for my particular
> > task (if Wine fail to work properly I may lose real money). In other
> > words I didn't test Metatrader with new Wine.
>
> Could you install in a test system and test for regressions? We can't
> fix bugs we don't know about :-).

	I know that. And I plan to do so as soon as I have more free time (in fact I
have few bugs that I want to report but need to do some additional
research/regression testing first)  - currently I'm overloaded with work.
However, after a week or two I probably will find some free time to report
all bugs that I found so far (and also retest all my most important programs
with recent Wine and do regression test(s) if necessary).