[Wine] howto install 1.1.13

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 04:08:41 CST 2009

2009/1/17 JV.com <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> I use Ubntu 8.10

Download the source and this script:
http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/install-wine-deps.sh and do the
folowing:

-Unpack wine (right click extract here)
-In terminal type chmod 777 install-wine-deps.sh (assuming you are in script
dir), .sudo  sh install-wine-deps.sh (to run the script - it should install
all required packages)
-now go to wine-source dir and type (NOT as root -  ./configure && make
depend && make - that should build wine (if you have dual core processor -
try: make -j 2 (it will cut compilation time by 50%), if you have even more
cores try make -j X where X is number of cores, on my C2D E7200 it took
about 10 minutes with make -j 2)

That is it, now you can either type sudo make install (I do not recommand
this - as you will lose control of wine package and will have to hold
sources to make uninstall later), or install checkinstall (sudo apt-get
install checkinstall) and use it to creato deb package (sudo checkinstall),
and the install it with dpkg (sudo spkd -i wine_something_.deb).