[Wine] GeForce 8800 GT Issue in Wine

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sun Jan 18 08:59:14 CST 2009

On 2009-01-18 (Sunday) 12:15:27 Rahvasaadik wrote:
> How can I make Wine use the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT proprietary drivers I
> have installed on my Ubuntu Linux (Intrepid)?

	You need to make sure that OpenGL support in Wine is compiled in
(run ./configure --verbose and fix all warnings).

	If you aren't compiling Wine yourself then your question doesn't make sense -
all Linux application that are using OpenGL use driver (proprietary or not)
you have installed. If this isn't the case, your driver installation is
broken. What is the output of this command?

glxinfo | grep OpenGL

	Does glxgears work? If yes how much fps do you have (run it from a shell to
see fps count) with turned off antialiasing and anisotropic filtering (in
nvidia-settings)?

	Personally I recommend to use wine-1.1.13 and 180.22 NVidia driver for best
results. If you are using something else - please tell us what version of
Wine you are using or, even better, upgrade to recommended version.