[Wine] Why does Guild Wars keep flashing and displaying horizontal bars after it is launched

aceplayer97 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 18 20:01:52 CST 2009

Hi, I recently installed WINE on my computer. I checked if Guild Wars is compatible with WINE and it said it would work flawlessly. I installed Guild Wars through WINE then ran the game. When I launched the game all you can see is a deformed version of the game with horizontal bars flashing everywhere. I even installed my graphics card through the Hardware Drivers section in Ubuntu.Does anyone know what could the problem be or the correct procedure to install Guild Wars and run it? If it helps, my graphics card is a ATI Mobility Radeon X600 and in the Hardware Drivers section it's apparently called ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver. By the way, this game worked perfectly in Windows XP for me. [Question]