[Wine] myscribe & wine problem on 64 bit ubuntu intrepid

techno-mole wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 19 06:21:52 CST 2009

hello.
i have run into a small problem with myscribe and wine, that being i cant get myscribe to work.
i know there is a version of it for linux, but it isnt working because of a qt problem (i think) which is why im trying to get the windows version running.

basically it installed fine, but when i try to start it nothing happens, i have wondered whether its because im running a 64 bit system, but i also have the firstclass client (i also have the linux version of firstclass installed) and easy gif animator installed through wine and they are running perfectly (both are normal 32bit apps, not 64bit versions)

im new to the try to fix it stuff, so im not sure what i need to include, so here is what i get if i run it through terminal (assuming im running it in the right way) -

Code:

/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/CafeScribe/MyScrib/bin/MyScribe.exe'
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on CA0106, disabling mixer
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on SAA7134, disabling mixer
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code 80000001 flags 0 addr 0x7bc6a3f7

i used myscribe for my last open university course, and although it may not be needed for my next course i found it to be handy, so thought id use it again.

im also working on getting the linux version working (i figured trying to get both running doubles my chances of getting something to work) but it is giving me a qtassistant related error, even though i have all the required libraries installed.

anyway i will be grate full for any help.
cheers