[Wine] Problem with text

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Jan 21 02:53:19 CST 2009

On 2009-01-21 (Wednesday) 05:49:20 kregaaron wrote:
> MicroCai wrote:
> > Е°╗ 2009-01-20Д╨▄Г └ 22:28 -0600О╪▄kregaaronЕ├≥И│⌠О╪
> >
> > > How do I make this text bigger, hence more readable? (text is circled)
> >
> > The most easy way is to change DPI in winecfg :)
>
> Changed the DPI, worked with making the text (and window) bigger for the
> config window, but not for the text itself on the program I'm running.

	Some Windows programs fully or partially ignore DPI setting, some other
Windows program honor it but then some dialogs or other objects with text may
become broken because of non-standard DPI.

	If you are *sure* that your program does honor DPI on Windows but does not on
Wine then report a bug at http://bugs.winehq.org ; if your program behaves
identically on Windows then there is no bug in Wine in this case and only
thing you can do is to write to the developer(s) of your Windows program and
ask for better support of non-standard DPI setting (or for more customization
options for font sizes in the program itself).