[Wine] Wine doesnt show close to all my files/apps...?

kwisatz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 21 09:26:52 CST 2009

Definitely a noob here to linux (Eeebuntu / Ubuntu) and using Wine to access some of my items on the WinXP boot...

I was looking around online and in the documentation but I didnt see anything relating to what I am experiencing, or at least didn't know how to ask the question...

Basically when I am browsing my C: drive (NTFS partition) I see only 'Program Files' and 'Windows' - none of the other folders or files which are there. Even in going into Program Files I see only 'Common' and 'Internet Explorer'. :/  Does this have to do with NTFS permissions or what am I not doing correctly?

What I did with Wine is:
1) used built-in Add/Remove Apps in Eeebuntu (read: Ubuntu) and added Wine v1.0.1
2) Go to Wine > Browse C: = files missing
3) Go to Wine > Applications = only 'Notepad' is listed

Thanks for any help... I've heard a lot about Wine, so I know there just be something I'm missing... especially being new to all this.