[Wine] Wine doesnt show close to all my files/apps...?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 10:09:44 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:03 AM, kwisatz <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Just found what I was looking for and it looks like John and Charity said the same thing... I was under the assumption that I could just run the applications directly from my Windows partition, but clearly this isn't the case... appears Wine does much more than what I originally thought.

It used to do that, a long time ago, but was just a heap of problems.
We disabled changing the C drive in winecfg because so many people
hosed windows installs.

Treat Wine like a new windows machine. Reinstall what you need fresh.
The advantage with wine is that you can separate apps by prefix, so
you can semi-sandbox each application (registry/settings wise, file
access is another story).

--
-Austin