[Wine] USB and serial

Ben Okopnik ben at linuxgazette.net
Wed Jan 21 13:19:54 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:55:35AM -0600, Andr? H. wrote:
> mmh, you should even see some data when opening with the terminal-software, a gps-mouse sends always, doesnt it?

Yep; 'gpsd' shows a new "NMEA paragraph" (chunk of position data) being
output every few seconds. Perhaps Hyperterm isn't the right thing to use
- if you have any recommendations for terminal that will run under Wine
and read a serial port, that would be great. Especially if it's
something I can download: I don't have an actual Windows machine
anywhere handy.

--
* Ben Okopnik * Editor-in-Chief, Linux Gazette * http://LinuxGazette.NET *