[Wine] Re: PKR not working with Wine 1.0.1 and Eeebuntu

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 23 08:39:33 CST 2009

benst wrote:

> vitamin wrote:
> >
> > benst wrote:
> > > Even though the game PKR  (from pkr.com) is supposed to work fine with Wine and Ubuntu 8.4, it's not working on my Eee PC 901 netbook.
> >
> > What's the minimum requirements for that game and what video card and drivers do you have?
>

> It works fine under winxp on the same hardware.

You didn't answer vitamin's question.

The fact that it works under XP on the same hardware is irrelevant. Linux drivers are not equal to their Windows counterparts, not even from nVidia, which has the best Linux support. If your netbook uses ATI or Intel graphics, that's most likely the problem.

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-a96989ff3303c1f6c35a1f85e0680b7f6bcfd16f