[Wine] Re: Baldurs Gate Throne of Bhaal won't launch

imatechguy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 25 19:59:18 CST 2009

dimesio wrote:

> If you set any overrides for NWN2, make sure they are only for NWN2, not set globally. Overrides that make one app work can make another app not work.

I had in fact set overrides for NWN2, and duplicated them for "Global Settings"; so I deleted the overrides from the Global Setting.  Tried to start Baldur's Gate from both the shortcut in the Application Launcher (Kmenu) as well as the Terminal and got the same results as described before for each scenario.

So in the Terminal I cd'd to the correct directory as suggested and tried

Code:
wine baldur.exe

 as well as
Code:
wine BGMain.exe

Again  the same set of errors as initially posted were returned.
I guess it possible something just got borked in my install, it's been known to happen in Windows.  So unless somebody's got a better idea at this point I'm thinking I should just try a fresh install and go from there.

Thank you.