[Wine] Strange error

dow wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 25 22:59:29 CST 2009

Hello, I'm having a strange error pop up when I try to install programs under wine.  It happens whether I type wine APPNAME in terminal or if I right-click and select Open with "Wine Windows Program Loader."  I just get a window that says, "Error. The file is damaged.  Re-obtain a valid file."

I've downloaded programs from the source webpages, and have even copied programs from a windows machine where the exe installed correctly.  I don't know where to go to look at error logs in Wine.

Initially I thought that there might ba a problem with Wine, so I removed it and reinstalled it.  It appears to be working correctly, as I can get to Notepad, winecfg, and uninstaller.

Can anybody give me a hand?