[Wine] Wine 1.1.13 and Gecko

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 26 08:00:43 CST 2009

Dejan <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Jan 26, 2009 6:06 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  Re: Wine 1.1.13 and Gecko
>

>vitamin wrote:
>>
>> myweb wrote:
>> > When I try to run some win32 application, I receive:
>>
>> And the problem is?
>

>I have same or similar problem while runing next command as user.
>> wine iexplore.exe http://google.com
>The iexplore.exe does not show anything. Just white page shows up.
>
>I did remove .wine directory and try angain but no success.

When you ran the command to connect to google did you get a message about Gecko not being installed?
You should have and then installed Gecko from the download.  It appears that the version of Gecko you received is incorrect.  The solution is to remove the Gecko cabinet file, whose name I cannot remember at this time.

James McKenzie