[Wine] Re: Strange error

dow wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 26 08:56:46 CST 2009

James Mckenzie wrote:
> Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Terminal output?

None.

> Better yet:  Application name?  It may take a little research in the Applications Database for the application for hints/tricks to get the application to run.

A couple of different versions of Canon DPP,  (dpp351en.exe, dpp352en.exe, and the european one that I don't have the name of at hand.  Also the Canon EOS utility, eu251en.exe).  I had DPP working sort-of, and then tried to uninstall it, and didn't have luck there, so I used the sledgehammer method of deleting the directories.  That certainly didn't help either.  So THEN, I thought I'd get the latest version of wine, so I went and installed the Git build, which generated some odd things there (sorry I didn't document it).  That's when I started seing the error window, instead of an installer dialog window.  So, eventually, I went into synaptic and completely removed wine and then added the new version through the ubuntu package manager.

I'm currently running ubuntu 8.10, and have installed wine 1.1.13.

if I'm really lucky, I'll get to take another look at it tonight, but so far, it looks like it'll be at least tomorrow before I can go back to it.

Dow