[Wine] Wine and Guitar Pro 5.2

grahamh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 26 09:25:24 CST 2009

Ubuntu 8.10 Desktop, Wine 1.1.13 (upgraded from 1.0.1 to try to solve my problem).  I have used used Guitar Pro very recently without a problem.  After a PSU failure, I had to reinstall the OS and downloaded and installed software, including Wine.  Guitar Pro appeared to install properly and its splash screen was normal.  Immediately the full program ran, a fatal error stopped it.  I have a screen shot of the error message which involves a code violation to do with the windows GDIplus.dll.  The message is in French, which probably wouldn't be a problem for Alexandre Julliard, but I can't find a way to attach it.  I have typed the message in text editor and will paste it now.  The French accents are missing.

Violation d'acces a l'addresse 39840950 dans le module gdiplus.dll'.Lecture de l'adresse 00000048

I got the same error with ver 1.0.1
Graham[/img][/list]