[Wine] When typing, only one character for any app.

brian256 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 27 16:43:45 CST 2009

Whenever I try typing anything into any application, all I get is one character and then I cannot add any more or even delete it unless I exit out.  When I load it back up the same thing happens.  This problem also persists within the Wine configuration, I can only change one number in the window size box.  I have tried the riched20 winetrick and I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it multiple times.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I run on Ubuntu 8.10