[Wine] Dead keys do not work

nonobstant wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 29 05:10:38 CST 2009

Hello,

I m a french user of Gnome / Ubuntu (last version) and wine. I'm quite a beginner on linux. I'm trying to switch totally to linux, but still want to use some windows software with wine which generally works great.

I have figured out that the dead keys did not work on my french keyboard. For instance, I can't type êâûîôäË, etc. I will get instead ^e^a etc.
Otherwise, the classical accents that are defined on typical french keyboard do work (like éèàç).

I know that there is or there was an issue about dead keys with wine. But I can't find any clear information.

Thanks for your help
Oberon