[Wine] Re: feature idea for wine : stereo 3D

rofthorax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 30 17:32:26 CST 2009

I'm working on a blender (3D) .blend file that exhibits the
effects I describe.. I have the blend file done, it makes
use of scene linking and the sequence editor to layer
left and right views, I use color generators for each
eye and a multiply to simulate the filter, then I add the two
over each other. I'm also going to make a tutorial that
is going to go up on youtube showing how to use the
scene.  But it contains absolutely no python code whatsoever
it is all just basic Blender configurations.. Plus this technique
will work with older versions of blender, though in the older
versions of blender there were no "track to" constraints,
the effect doesn't really need it. Also the file contains
no packaged textures or anything, all imagery is created
using a feature unique to blender of being able to composite
images without pre-rendered material by using a scene as a
source for imagery. Also I'm using the shared link capability to
allow everything to be controlled from a single view. But to
change the resolution in the left and right views, you have
to go to the scene that renders out the view for each eye
change the resolution, also the resolution of the composite
will determine the resolution that is used finally to display.

Anyhow, I'll have this stuff up soon..

I'm using some glasses that are being distributed by Dreamworks for
the half-time show at the super bowl (monsters vs. aliens).. Get those
glassess from your grocery store (in america).. For everyone else use
glasses with a yellow-tan / purplish-blue filters (left and right). The
composite uses two color generators, to get it to work with other glasses
like red/green or magenta/cyan, and such, change the color filters so they
match the colors used on the glasses, the filter color of the opposite eye
should appear black with the original, and vice versa.  So purple content in
the yellow filter appears darker than purple, and the yellow content in the
purple filter appears darker than yellow.  The reason for the selection of color on anaglyph glasses is due to the subject material.. Red subject material doesn't do
well because yellow and purple share red, but green, grey and blue appear better..
A strict filter (red/green or red/blue)  tends to only work with grey subject matter, because red, green and blue are primary colors and always appear black when filtered with other primaries.

Anyhow, stay tuned at
http://www.youtube.com/user/rofthorax

I will put the tutorial and blend file there..