[Wine] Re: xml mis-read in civ4 bts 3.17 running ffh2 mod

dyerbods wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 31 07:54:10 CST 2009

austin987 wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:25 AM, dyerbods <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks. It seems I'll have to do a clean and reinstall from scratch as having used winetricks for msxml3 I now get a "failed to initialize renderer" error. Do you recommend installing dx9 via winetricks as its not amongst the items listed on the AppDB page?
> >

> Only if you need the redistributable dlls.
>

> --
> -Austin

OK, I still don't know whether installing dx9 via winetricks is necessary or not but now there is possibly a new problem.
I deleted my .wine tree and started again.
1) Installed msxml via winetricks
2) Installed Civ4 from CD
3) Installed dotnet20, corefonts and vcrun2003 via winetricks
4) Installed BtS fromCD
5) Attempt to install 3.17 patch fails after clicking finish and hangs waiting on a pipe after choosing not to report the problem. The wine output is:

fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x321a8c) using GetSystemInfo()
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x33fb38) using GetSystemInfo()
err:setupapi:do_file_copyW Unsupported style(s) 0x144
	31 repeats of above line cut
err:setupapi:do_file_copyW Unsupported style(s) 0x144
err:storage:BlockChainStream_WriteAt not enough blocks in chain to write data
	102 repeats of above line cut
err:storage:BlockChainStream_WriteAt not enough blocks in chain to write data
err:storage:Storage32Impl_SmallBlocksToBigBlocks conversion failed: resRead = 0x80030109, resWrite = 0x00000000
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 392 bytes in thread 0044 eip 100a86cc esp 7d3a21a8 stack 0x7d3a1000-0x7d3a2000-0x7d4b2000

Trying to start the game after this still results in the "failed to initialize renderer" error.

Any ideas why the patch install fails?