[Wine] Baldurs Gate Throne of Bhaal won't launch

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 31 12:49:08 CST 2009

imatechguy wrote:
> @ James Mckenzie - New Appdb submission completed.  With regard to a feature/function not being implemented, something to do with sound in this case, how did you identify it as that instead of something I can and should fix?

I'maTechGuy:

lines in terminal output that start with Fixme: are functions that are
not implemented, just enough code is added to allow programs to run or
partially implemented, that is some functionality is there but not all.
If you are a programmer, you can look at MSDN and other sources and try
to figure out how to code in the functions.  We do not allow/permit
anyone who has looked at Windows source code or who has reverse
engineered Windows to provide code for those sections.  This is to
prevent legal problems with Microsoft or other patent holders.
Implemented functions change with each release of Wine in the
development branch.  Wine 1.0 and 1.0.1 provide the same set of
functions, 1.0.1 fixes known problems with 1.0.  There are plans to
release Wine 1.2 in the future (maybe the next few months if all goes
well) with a much more robust set of functions than 1.0 (DirectX 9 for
example is more completely implemented in the development branch than in
Wine 1.0)

If you find a problem with running a program, a bug report or vote on an
existing bug report is much appreciated.

James McKenzie