[Wine] Changing the PATH from the command line

Raymond Lillard rlillard at sonic.net
Wed Jul 1 19:17:02 CDT 2009

I am not very experienced with the MSDOS command line
and even less so with wine.

I am working on a realtime embedded C project and must,
for the time being, use DOS command line tools.  Since
my work environment for decades has been Unix and Unix-like,
I am trying to get the tool set to run under Wine on Hardy.

I have solved several problems, but now I need to reset
the path.  I have a .bat file which should do this and
I have tried typing

	path=;

directly into an instance of a wine command interpreter
with no result.

I have looked at the FAQ and googled a good bit.  I found
a document where someone said I can't do this and must
change the PATH in the through the registry.  That reference
was several years old so I'm hoping it was either wrong
or out of date.

I can't believe the command line has been so lobotomized !!

Ray