[Wine] Games give me only limited and small resolution options

stevovo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 2 04:16:39 CDT 2009

Hi all

This is my first post and let me first say that so far wine has worked incredibly well save for one annoying thing:

In the games I only get the option to use 800x600 and 960x8??, but my display card and screen supports 1280x1024 and I would really like to try it out while playing.

The games in question are Neverwinter Nights (I KNOW there is a linux client, but I am already used to wine and it's already working so far) and The Sims 3.

Both games give me the exact same resolution and refresh rate options.

My system:

ubuntu 9.04
intel dual core
nvidia 8800gts

Please let me know and I will gladly attach any needed info / log files etc.

I tried googling for hours but I can't seem to find a solution.

BTW on the desktop I can set the resolution properly so my nvidia drivers should be properly configured.