[Wine] Getting an app to run

Ugha wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 3 14:10:59 CDT 2009

Greetings,

I'm new to wine (and linux in general) but I've found my experience
with both to be very enjoyable and I'd like to convert over fully to
being a penguin. In order to do this though, I must have functional a
required app on my home network.

This program basically monitors my satellite internet usage and informs
my entire network how much remaining usage we have (there's a hard
limit of 425MB per 24 hours that we have to stay under).

Unfortunately, my distro of choice (Puppy) doesn't have its perl compiled
with threads (Whatever that means) so I can't get the linux version to
run... so I'm hoping wine will be my solution.

Long story short, I'm trying to run the hnFAPMon.exe application
available from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hnfapmon
It installed fine, but when I try to run it:

Code:
Unable to create socket on port 6000!
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_fdtoh wtf

I copied a legit copy of msvcrt.dll from my winXP install into the
windows/system32 directory of the wine install, but the result was the
same.

I'm guessing that the msvcrt issue is unrelated to why hnFAPMon can't
create and open a socket for communication on my network.

Anyone have any suggestions?