[Wine] Re: No wine applications work (Ubuntu 8.04)

emu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 4 17:50:11 CDT 2009

According to the FAQ:

"It's often a graphics driver problem, in which case non-wine apps might also be affected. If running glxgears also crashes, it's definitely a graphics driver problem. The most common cause is upgrading to a new kernel without also updating the nvidia drivers to match. Try reinstalling your graphics drivers."

Running glxgears runs fine, and I've never had any trouble with graphics.

And I'm not sure how to upgrade, since I installed wine with a package and did not build it. I don't know how to build it.