[Wine] Naturally speaking + Wine better, the audio not so good

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Sat Jul 4 22:38:37 CDT 2009

James McKenzie wrote:
> Pulseaudio is not supported under Wine and probably will not be.  ALSA
> or OSS are older and more mature.

from my perspective, all three systems (pulse, alsa, oss) have their significant
shortcoming especially when dealing with usb audio.  in anycase, any ideas on
what is behind the 2 min delay between speaking and recognizing?  in windows,
delays like that combined with mediocre recognition results are usually an audio
problem.  in this case, I get long delays with good recognition results.

> Thank you for your feedback on Wine.

thanks for making it.