[Wine] Wine and Crossover

Beartooth Comcast Beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Jul 7 11:27:22 CDT 2009

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Austin English wrote:

> Perhaps because OpenOffice is a free (beer & libre) project, whereas
> Microsoft Office isn't. If you don't need the bloat/extra features
> of
> Microsoft Office, then why give Microsoft money for something you
> don't need.

 	I've never been in business, let alone used business
software -- so this may be a Very Dumb Question. Is the scuttlebutt
I see, to the effect that OO can do anything M$ Office can, mostly
better and more reliably (including output Office formats) -- is
that not so?

> Shop with your wallet, and don't support products just because they're
> popular. Support them because you like/prefer them.

 	Indeed, in thunder. That's why I run Fedora -- soon
exclusively, now that I no longer need M$ even to make my GPSs talk
to my topo maps.

--
Beartooth Implacable
Death is not evil. Suffering is evil.