[Wine] Printer in wine on OS X?

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Thu Jul 9 10:06:28 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 16:50, Martin Gregorie<martin at gregorie.org> wrote:
> Its worth checking, so run the following command as root:
>
>        netstat -apn | grep ':631'

The -p option does not work on my MacBook (OS X Tiger) (Windows >= XP
SP2 has a similar -b option) and uses . as a separator between the
port and IP. (CUPS is running on my macbook...)

The nearest OS X-compatible version would be:
netstat -an |grep '\.631[^0-9.]'

telnet might be an another way to test instead of netcat as well. (My
OS X has netcat installed though (My Ubuntu needed it to be
installed...), so it should not be neccesary)

telnet 127.0.0.1 631

You should be able to disconnect the telnet session with Ctrl+] > q

Gert