[Wine] Printer in wine on OS X?

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Thu Jul 9 11:58:45 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 17:54, Martin Gregorie<martin at gregorie.org> wrote:
> Does it work on OS X if you're root?

OS X has the BSD netstat version that uses -p to specify the protocol

The netstat man page can be found here:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/netstat.1.html

A working command is:
sudo lsof -i4:631

(I'm typing this from my Linux box, so I can't easily paste in the output...)

> *************** back to Gert:
>
> Does OS X have a copy of lsof?

Yep (I have XCode, installed, so I might have somewhat more commands
available than standard...)
> If so the following, which must be run as root will also show the name
> of the program that is listening on port 631:
>
> lsof | grep -i 'ipp'

Would work... (I typed above instruction before I saw that... I know
that pfiles works for these kind of uses on Solaris. Don't know of a
non-solaris pfiles version though...)

Gert