[Wine] ArmA2

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 14:54:45 CDT 2009

2009/7/11 James Huk <huk256 at gmail.com>

> 2009/7/11 Berillions <wineforum-user at winehq.org>
>
>> A new link for my screen :
>> http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9695/arma2.png
>>

>> ArmA 1 doesn't work, so ArmA 2 is probably broken as well - I'm
> downloadind ArmA 2 DEMO right now - but be prepared it won't work...

Well... the bad news is – it is not playable, the good news is... it
actually RUNS (ArmA 1 doesn't even show any menu), with extreme amount of
graphical anomalies... but hey, it runs :). I think anomalies are due to use
of native d3dx9_36.dll which is at the moment not available in wine. Also I
couldn't hear any sounds (this also may have something to do with native
X3DAudio1_6.dll
 I used). Anyway I didn't get error you did, however this may be due to fact
that I have tried demo... Also note – I have Nvidia, With Ati or Intel you
may not be able to run this thing at all (buggy drivers).