[Wine] Re: Steam Games Don't Work. Please Help!

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 13 00:53:55 CDT 2009

David Griffith wrote:
> I'm not sure what you guys are stumbling over, but I just lauched Portal and it works fine except for some choppyness from a high load average.

Portal and TF2 are two totally different games now. Yes they had the same engine to begin with, but that was long time ago.

Valve added lots of extras to TF2, with each adding more problems to Wine. About a year ago I could run long demos with TF2 in offline mode. Now same demos play for 10-30 seconds and TF2 crashes.