[Wine] Trying to get gog.com's FALLOUT to run

megore wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 16 01:34:09 CDT 2009

I use a MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.5, and Crossover Games for Mac version 7.2.1.

I decided to try an experiment and see if the gog.com version of FALLOUT would work on Crossover Games after reading that it doesn't work in the current version.

The difference between the original disk version of FALLOUT AND FALLOUT 2 and the gog.com version is that the people at gog.com have not only reprogrammed them to run on Windows XP and Vista, and installed the latest patches.  Gog.com's offerings are also DRM-free, and each game costs $5.99, so that's not going to hurt if you can't get them to run on your Mac or Linux computer.

So I downloaded FALLOUT and used Crossover Games to install it.  The instal=
lation went fine with no errors or glitches.

However, when I tried to launch the game, the initial start-up screen would appear, then it goes black and the opening bar of music ends up in a loop with the following error message:

APPLICATION ERROR: C:\Program Files\GOG.com
The intruction at 004b59c1 referenced memory at 00000000
The memor could not be written
Click OK to terminate the application

Anyone got any suggestions on making FALLOUT run on Crossover Games for Mac?