[Wine] Resolution changes sometimes rearranging desktop

superlgn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 17 17:16:41 CDT 2009

Sometimes when I play games that use a resolution different from my normal X display, the windows on my workspace get shifted over toward the upper left. It's an issue that's been happening for a long while and I'm not sure if this is more of a general X issue or something specific to wine. As far back as I remember, it only happens with wine (0.x-0.9, 1.0, 1.1) and I've seen it in different window managers (openbox, sawfish).

Anyone experience something similar? Is there any way to stop it?