[Wine] Re: Warcraft 3 ubuntu 9.04 wine 1.1.20 crash

int2ag0n wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 18 12:39:09 CDT 2009

gigabit3 wrote:
> hi and thanks for the reply,
>
> i followed your advice (the one you posted quite some time ago) and lowered the settings and it actually works!
>
> i changed most of the stuff to 'medium' and the last 10 games, i had only 1 crash.  and during that crash, i can somewhat feel its coming as the frame rate decreased minutes before it happened.
>
> by the way, how do you run it at 1600x1200?

I have an 24'' LG that has maximum 1920x1200 res. In the video settings menu the maximum attainable res is 1600x1200 which isn't widescreen and it doesnt cover the whole monitor when you use it fullscreen. So i play it window mode with the command from the previous post . I press the maximize button in the window and i remove the up and down panels that i have , so the warcraft window takes covers all the screen , (the graphics are slighty streched with this). Also i had to got used to use the arrow keys on the keyboard in order to scroll up / down /left / right in the game , i got used to it very quickly.