[Wine] C&C3 won't start

MarcoBR wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 19 13:38:00 CDT 2009

Hello!

I'm trying to run C&C3 Tiberium Wars on my Fedora11 x86_64 using Wine 1.1.23

In the AppDB (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7440), it's listed as Silver so I though I would give this game a try. Specially as the note says it works with unpatched Wine 1.1.23.

I successfully installed the game and also patched (the game) to 1.9
But once I try to run it, nothing happens. Just the splash screen for 5 seconds and then it disappears.

- Running from the terminal doesn't output any errors
- Already tried copying the d3d9.dll to windows/system32
- Already tried disabling all sound modules
- Applied CNC3_patch109_english.exe
- running wine 1.1.23

So I want to make this work but haven't got any other clues of what to try next.

My next option is to update wine to the latest dev package if necessary.

Please help. Looking forward for any clues/suggestions.

Thank you!