[Wine] Re: C&C3 won't start

MarcoBR wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 20 12:07:58 CDT 2009

> Which video card/driver do you use?
> Check if you're card has 3D accel (e.g. with nVidia binary driver)
>
> Else, you could
> - retrieve latest wine (currently 1.1.26)
> - if you messed up your wine dir, just backup your ~/.wine
> - reinstall your soft & test

Hi Frédéric, Thanks for your reply!

I've already deleted my .wine and reinstalled the game a few times, no luck.
My video card is a nvidia (with latest driver) 9600GT.

I've installed a "nocd" crack for the game and I've got some progress:

Code:

[marco at localhost Command & Conquer 3]$ wine CNC3.exe
fixme:debugstr:CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent (0xffffffff)->(0x335fc48): Stub!
fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0xd4): stub
fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x188): stub
fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x18c): stub
fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_GetStatus (void) : stub
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  135 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
  Value in failed request:  0x21
  Serial number of failed request:  481

At least that's something. Also my card does suport GLX.

Any ideas?

Before updating to 1.1.26 I would like to try something about that output.

Thanks again!