[Wine] Re: Runes of Magic

jamesorr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 20 14:31:29 CDT 2009

I'm running regression tests now, but it's going slower in that I can't seem to get it to start the game by itself.  It will start from the installer though.

With the latest code from git I got the same error as with 1.1.26.  When I did the first bisect, that worked (I'm building the second one now) when I launched the game from the installer.

But, when I quit out after determining it worked I tried to start the game again directly with ...

./wine "C:\windows\command\start.exe" "C:\Program Files\Runes of Magic\Runes of Magic.lnk"

But it won't even launch the patcher.

I also tried directly using the .exe files in the Runes of Magic folder but none of those worked either.

The output when I try to start looks like this ....

Code:
james at james-desktop:~/wine-git$ ./wine "C:\windows\command\start.exe" "C:\Program Files\Runes of Magic\Runes of Magic.lnk"
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
james at james-desktop:~/wine-git$ fixme:actctx:parse_assembly_elem wrong version for assembly manifest: 8.0.50608.0 / 8.0.50727.762
fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer failed to parse manifest L"C:\\Program Files\\Runes of Magic\\Microsoft.VC80.CRT\\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest"
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50608.0)
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on USB20 Camera    , disabling mixer
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on USB20 Camera    , disabling mixer
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on USB20 Camera    , disabling mixer