[Wine] Messenger app dies (Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty)

jpepperman95 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 20 15:52:11 CDT 2009

I downloaded Beyluxe Messenger (a small group instant messaging program). Installation apparently went fine; no errors. Then I tried to launch the app. The "Starting Beyluxe Messenger..." bar appeared at the bottom of the screen, but suddenly died without result. I ran wine from the terminal and got this:

    jacob at jacob-laptop:~$ wine start 'C:\Program Files\Beyluxe Messenger\Beyluxe Messenger.exe'
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
jacob at jacob-laptop:~$ fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x33fccc) using GetSystemInfo()

The cursor blinks after the last line (presumably forever) without returning to " jacob at jacob-laptop:~$".

What is happening and is there a fix?